Homeschooling High School in South Africa
The Answers You Need.
Most parents feel a bit panic-stricken about the prospect of homeschooling through the high school years.
Whether you have been homeschooling your children at primary school level or whether you are just starting homeschooling with a teen at high school level, you need answers!
You need to know the options to get a recognised matric or alternative and you might also want to explore options for children who do not wish to pursue one of those options.
Join veteran homeschooling mom of 6 and consultant, Shirley Erwee, for a series of 6 webinars.
Ideal for both high schoolers and their parents as well as adults wishing to complete their high school education, this webinar series will
- help you find all the information you need to make planning your high school homeschooling route easy.
- save you hours of time surfing the Net and sifting through all the websites of the various educational institutions that offer and govern matric and the other options
- explain the choices you have and show you step-by-step how to pursue each one: where to find curriculum suppliers or service providers, how to source text books and study materials, estimated costs, contact details, university admissions information and more
- look at entrepreneurial options and 21st century skills
- highlight self-directed learning and other ways to get a good education without getting back into the mainstream system and spending a small fortune!
- examine research about the outcomes of home education
- focus on inspiring success stories of graduates of homeschooling
- discuss teens, relationships, education versus qualification and more…
Traditional school education is considered by many experts to be outdated for the fast-changing working environment of the 21st century.
Research shows that the youth of today are likely to change careers about 14 times in their lifetimes. To deal with this, they need to be fast-learners with the ability to learn new skills and stay up to date with the swift advances of technology.
We will explore some of the skills they will need to succeed in the 21st century and find out how to equip them for the future.
Get the answers you need.
With or without a matric certificate, you need essential information for self-directed life-long learning to survive and succeed in the modern economy of the 21st century.
THE HOMESCHOOLING HIGH SCHOOL
6 Webinar recordings of 1 hour each
with Questions and Answers plus notes in some lessons.
Topics include the following:
- Answers to FAQ’s about Homeschooling High School
- Matric Options in South Africa – including the National Senior Certificate and others
- The GED + SAT
- Universities, Colleges and Alternatives
- Surviving and Thriving in the 21st Century
"Your webinars have been extremely informative and helpful. It is changing my old school mindset. That is the hardest at taking this leap forward." ~ Leeanne G.
Each webinar includes contact details of curriculum providers or sources of study materials, useful websites, steps for going about various routes to matric, advice from families, who have been-there-and-done-it already, plus inspiring success stories of homeschoolers who have graduated from high school via different routes.
BEFORE YOU ENROL FOR A HIGH SCHOOL COURSE, before you make a mistake and choose the wrong plan of action, which could cost you thousands of rands and much stress and emotional turmoil, find out about all the options from which you can choose.
A relatively small investment of money and time spent investigating options now, could prevent costly and stressful mistakes, especially if you have to change courses at a later stage.
You will need: your pc or device with speakers or earphones and a reliable internet connection
Sign up today!
Shirley Erwee is a homeschooling mother of 6, who has been home educating her own children plus two others for 20 years, since 1997. She is also a curriculum provider, author, home education activist and advisor.
Read more About Shirley
Start2015-11-05 20.00 Homeschooling High School 1 (50:38)
Start2015-11-12 20.00 Homeschooling High School 2 (58:10)
Start2015-11-19 20.00 Homeschooling High School 3 (25:19)
Start2015-11-26 20.00 Homeschooling High School 4 (57:56)
Start2015-12-03 20.00 Homeschooling High School 5 (59:58)
Start2015-12-10 20.00 Homeschooling High School 6 (52:19)