Vital tips for parents of little ones
Preschool Homeschooling Webinar
Parents frequently ask questions like these:
- “What must I do with my 4 year old?”
- “Can you recommend a preschool curriculum?”
- “How do I stimulate my preschool child properly?”
- “What about socialising my little one with other children?”
These are some of the many questions and concerns of parents of preschool-age children.
Shirley Erwee, a mother of 6 children answers these questions and offers age-appropriate guidelines in a one hour recording of a webinar, which focused on preschool homeschooling and the research explaining the development of little children and their learning.
Preschool Homeschooling – Do it Right!
- Discover which activities children need to do regularly in order to stimulate their brains and to develop the skills they need for later learning.
- Find out what is age-appropriate and what is not.
- Learn about two easy things you can do to develop reading and literacy skills.
- Discover the best ways to help children have confidence in mathematics – for life.
… also find out what common mistakes to avoid – things that could hinder your children’s interest in learning…and more.
I learnt so much, not just with regards to teaching my 5 year old but my 7 year old as well.
New to homeschooling (6 months) and some days I’m petrified that I’m not teaching them the right stuff after your webinar I realized that it wasn’t what I was teaching but how I was going about it….which was normal sitting and drilling them to do it (exactly like a teacher in a classroom standing at a board and trying to explain it all)… You have opened my eyes and 2016 will be a year of playing, exploring, opening their minds to a completely different learning experience than what they had to endure before (yes mommies fault hehe).Looking forward to many more interesting webinars.
Already on your website and will definitely be buying your books and downloading the free printables and activities you provide (thanks for those tools as well).
Shirley Erwee is a homeschooling mother of 6, who has been home educating her own children for over 20 years, since 1997. She is also a curriculum provider, author, home education activist and consultant.